Upload Progress Meter finally in PECL

After some tweaking, code improvements and remote code execution vulnerability fixes, I finally put the uploadprogress extension into PECL.

We are using the extension on the (soon to come) next update of local.ch, therefore it already got some real life testing and it seems to work pretty well.

And for all those wanting a dll for Windows, I won't try to make those, as I don't have a Windows development environment and even if I had, I have no clue about how those things are working on Windows :) But the sources are there, I'm sure someone will step up and provide patches.

- Upload Progress Meter 1.0.1 released
- Upload Progress Meter - Common issues and some answers
- Upload Progress Meter for Windows - The next take
- Upload Progress Meter extension 0.9.2 released
- Upload Progress Meter for Windows

PHPDeveloper.org, 05.12.2006 14:16 CET (Trackback)

red, 05.12.2006 14:27 CET

Well done! Congrats!

Curious, 05.12.2006 21:45 CET

Is there any documentation (or even a README.txt) on how to use the extension once installed?

kaiska, 06.12.2006 00:25 CET

I have the same question. Is their any documentation, howto, or example somewere ?

SteveH, 06.12.2006 02:23 CET

It looks like a lot of good things for Win32 compatability has been updated in the PECL posting. Hopefully we should soon have a good pecl4win binary!

as far as examples, Christain has mentioned in his other post, that using the example listed at:

changing the function name "upload_progress_meter_get_info()" to "uploadprogress_get_info()" should be sufficient to get a practical example running, reverse engineering that into your own until someone writes up some documentation.

Patrice's Weblog, 13.12.2006 00:35 CET (Trackback)

In the past few weeks I was mainly busy creating the new local.ch market. It’s actually in cooperation with Fundgrueb, a very well known and traditional classifieds newspaper in the German part of Switzerland. I created a longer posting on the local

Greg, 23.12.2006 01:53 CET

Nice job. It's a very cool thing. I would really like to know how to implement it on my site.

Derek, 03.01.2007 19:57 CET

Great work!

Cheers!

Robin, 24.01.2007 19:08 CET

Hi,

tried it now, and after some starting problems (hadn't set max_upload_size,memory_limit and max_post_size to higher values so that uploadprogress_get_info(9 always returned NULL) it works great, thanks for your great extension !

Greetings
Robin

Zack, 28.05.2008 20:24 CET

I am a huge fan of your extension. Thanks for building it. However, I am on shared hosting, and my host is unwilling to install the extension until it is out of beta. Do you have any idea if or when the extension could be listed as 'stable'?

Many thanks...

Jon, 16.09.2008 14:03 CET

This seems really useful and simple - just what I need at the moment. I installed the extension successfully in php 5.2.4. However, I am getting the red 'Maybe it really does not work' on the example and no progress info. Is there any info or help anywhere on installing/debugging; or any prerequisites for it to work?

demo pleease, 18.12.2008 01:42 CET

demo pleeease

george glass, 05.01.2009 00:26 CET

don't work for me neither. please give example