As you might remember Lukas and I started working on some changes to the elastica library and the Symfony 2 Bundle FOQElasticaBundle during a hackday. You might also remember that we were not entirely happy with our solution for the infinite nesting levels in the mappings configuration of the bundle. Also, we got some feedback from other developers upon our pull requests to both the library and the bundle. In order to be able to clean up our code and respond to the feedback I asked for some innovation budget and got it. Thanks for that! :)
Posts by Lea Hänsenberger
The goal of this hackday, done by Lukas Smith and me, was to adapt the FOQElasticaBundle and the Elastica library so we can use it for one of our current projects. The two main problems were the following:
We recently reimplemented a search in a client project with solr (version 3.5). For the communication between our PHP application and the solr server we used the PHP library solr-php-client (http://solr-php-client.googlecode.com).